26 January 2010

Simple Plan

Simple Plan is a French Canadian punk pop band formed in Montréal, Québec in 1999.
The group is formed by Pierre Bouvier, vocals, Sébastien Lefebvre, guitar and backing vocals, Jeff Stinco, lead guitar, David Desrosieres, bass and backing vocals and Chuck Comeau, drums.
They have released three studio albums and two widely marketed
live albums, Live in Japan 2002, in 2003, and MTV Hard Rock Live in 2005.
Their first studio album was released in 2002, named No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls, which led to the singles, “I’m just a kid” and “Perfect”.
The second was released in 2004, named Still Not Getting Any, which led to the singles “Welcome to my life”, “Untitled” and ”Crazy”.
The third and the last studio album was released in 2008, named Simple Plan, which led to the singles “When I’m gone” and ”Generation”.
The fourth studio album shall be released in 2010 in the spring or summer.
They have a foundation, Simple Plan Foundation, that focuses on teens problems from suicide to drugs addiction. The band released a special song, “Save You” that focuses on cancer survivors.
They are big fans of Scooby-Doo and that’s why some songs appeared in the movies.

I’m a big fan of Simple Plan. They are my favourite band. I like all the songs, but there are some that I particularly like, they are “Welcome to my life”, “Perfect”, “Crazy”, “What If” and “Holding On”. This and the other songs tell us different stories, speak about teens, society and some of love. They have magic, they have something that I cannot explain. From the first moment I heard them I liked them, I don’t know why, just because they have a different sound.
Since last year, in my summer vacations I have written and translated some of their songs. I think that is a way of improving my English and because it is my passion. When I’m doing this I feel better, I feel that it is a thing that I’m good at, without anyone saying that is better than me. So, I do this alone, because that way I can make mistakes and learn with them.

Marta Leite, 1108

No comments: