20 April 2009

Jason Mraz

Jason Mraz is my favorite artist...He’s such a great artist that I wanted to tell the world a little more about him…
Jason Thomas Mraz was born on June 23, 1977, in Mechanicsville, Virginia. He is an American singer and songwriter. His music is influenced by many styles like pop, rock, jazz or hip hop.
Jason has Czech roots and his surname is Czech for “frost”.
Jason’s interest and participation in musical theater served as his first introduction to music. After high school, he moved to New York to attend the American Musical and Dramatic Academy but dropped out a year later when he took up the guitar and started focusing on songwriting.
After being in New York, Mraz returned to Virginia but in 1999 he settled in San Diego, California. He was drawn to San Diego by the city’s coffeehouse scene and historical support of singer/songwriters.
Mraz began playing shows and soon got a weekly residency at the local hot spot Java Joe’s. In that time he formed a duo with the drummer Noel “Toca” Rivera who still accompanies him. Over the next two years, Mraz’s fame expanded outside of San Diego and began to reach Los Angeles, getting the attention of record labels.
In early 2002, Mraz signed to Elektra Records and went back to Virginia to write and record his debut album, “Waiting for my Rocket to Come”. The first single “The Remedy (I won’t worry)” proved to be a great success and Jason went on tour to support it.
Mraz’s second studio album, Mr. A-Z (Mr. A to Z) was released on 2005 with some great hits like “Wordplay”, “Geek in The Pink” or “Life is Wonderful”.
Jason’s popularity reached a new high with the release of “We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things” which includes the great 2008 summer hit “I’m Yours” and “Lucky”, a duet by Jason with Colbie Caillat. This album for me is the Jason’s best album until now…
Jason is now on tour to promote the album “We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things” and he gave two great shows in Portugal on the past 19 and 20 of March… I attended the concert at the Coliseum of Porto and I must say that it was AWESOME!
I’m a fan of Jason not only for his music but for the way the is and the way he thinks…I love his way of thinking about life and nature…His thoughts sometimes make me stop and think about everything that is around me…
Jason also has a blog: www.freshnessfactorfivethousand.blogspot.com
I Hope that with this work I can gather more fans for this GREAT ARTIST! Mraz Forever!
P.S: As you may notice…Jason LOVES hats.

Daniel Pereira, 901

No comments: