5 December 2008

Cloning: A personal view

According to my point of view, cloning technologies should be improved before cloning can be legalized. Although I’m in favour of therapeutic cloning, I’m totally against human cloning.

Therapeutic cloning is a wonderful breakthrough on medicine because it would highly increase life expectancy. People would no longer die by the lack of an organ. Cardiac issues could be repaired. Medicine would be revolutionized.

On the other hand we have human cloning, which is totally absurd, even for infertile couples. The quantity of abandoned children and orphans is so high that legalizing human cloning would destroy those children’s chance to be adopted.

There is still one aspect of cloning that is very important: the cloning of stamina cells. These cells have a vital importance in regeneration of tissues. These cells can save human lives, so I’m in favour of this type of cloning too.Finally I’m against the cloning of humans because the essence of a human cannot be copied. However, I’m in favour of cloning body parts because it can improve the life of a human being and even save him.

Gonçalo Couto - 1105

No comments: